Emma is a talented singing teacher with an exceptional musical pedigree, including qualifications from the London College of Music and the Royal Academy of Music, and years of teen performances, touring as chorister and soloist with the National Youth Choir of Great Britain. She is internationally experienced, having received rave reviews for high profile performances across multiple music genres, from opera to jazz, across the mediums of live TV, DVD and radio through to operatic and classical performances to audiences of several thousand.
With a 100% track record of Emma’s students passing their ABRSM and Trinity exams, Emma has a natural gift for understanding each individual student’s developmental needs, tailoring coaching to ensure results through vocal exercises using the Hüssler technique and well known Bel Canto style. Emma has now gone on to lead an amateur choir and head a Music department for the David Game College, both in London.
I am working on a varied repertoire, including music by Schumann, Schubert, Fauré, Mozart and Barber.
Here are some of the highlights of Emma’s varied career so far:
Opera, concerts, TV, DVD work recitals engagements include:
- Tatiana, Eugene Onegin, Barbican, 2012. Con: Toby Purser.
- 1st Flower Maiden, Parsifal, Baden-Baden. 2004. Con: Kent Nagano, Dir: Nikolaus Lehnoff. Dessau 2004.
- 15 Year Old Girl, Lulu (Berg) Frankfurt Opera 2003.
- Susanna, Le Nozze di Figaro (Mozart) Diva Opera UK Tour 2002.
- Zerlina, Don Giovanni (Mozart) Aix-en-Provence Festival 2002 (understudy) Cond: Daniel Harding Dir: Sir Peter Brook and the Mahler Chamber Orchestra.
- Flora, The Turn of the Screw (Britten) Frankfurt Oper, Con: Karen Kamensek 2002 & 2004
- Sandmann/Dew Fairy, Hansel and Gretel (Humperdink) Frankfurt Oper 2002.
- Chorus for Le Nozze di Figaro. Cn: Marc Minkowski, Dir: Richard Eyre – touring to Tokyo, Japan 2001
- Constanze, Die Entfuehrung aus Dem Serail, Dartington, 2001. Con: Diego Masson, Dir: Thomas Hemsley.
- Fairy in Mendelssohn’s ‘Midsummer Night’s Dream’. Spoleto, Italy. Con: Richard Hickox for the ‘Menotti Family Concert’ 2000
- Sophie, Der Rosenkavelier Spoleto Festival, Italy (understudy). Con: Richard Hickox, Dir: Keith Warner 2000.
- D’Oyly Carte Opera Company 1999. HMS Pinafore – Royal Festival Hall, London.
- Recital at the Gherkin, London 2013
- Recital Lees Court, with Helen Crayford. Mozart, Rossini, Gershwin, Barber 2013.
- Tatyana, Eugene Onegin (Tchaikovsky) at the Barbican Centre, London 2012. Con: Toby Purser, Orion Orchestra (www.vsgala2012.co) – Producer: Emma Ventris.
- Recital Trinity Theatre, TN, Chopin 2011.
- Opera Gala’s : Mozart, Rossini, Gershwin, Bernstein, Delibes, Offenbach, Berlioz, Bizet 2010-13
- JS Bach Mass in B Minor, Hertfordshire Chorus 2004
- Recital de Chant. Allardyce Mallon – Piano, Festival d’Aix Provence 2002
- Requiem Mass (Mozart) Dartington Festival 2001. Con : David Temple
- C Minor Mass (Mozart) 1st Soprano. Crouch End Festival, London. Con: David Temple 2001
- Paris – ‘Music for a While’ Recital with Pianist Oliver Chesser 2000
- DVD: 1st Flower Maiden, Parsifal, Baden-Baden with Thomas Hampson, Waltraut Meier, Christopher Ventris, Kent Negano, Nikolaus Lehnhoff.
- BBC2: Zerlina, Don Giovanni for Lesley Garrett Tonight! 2001.
- Mimi, La Boheme (Mozart) for Lesley Garrett Tonight! (Scenes from, Lesley Garrett as Musetta) 2001.
- Production ‘Stand-in’ (vocal and movement) for Soprano Lesley Garrett for three BBC Television series’ of Lesley Garrett Tonight!, singing with artists including: Bryn Terfel, Ramon Vargas, Andrea Boccelli and Renee Fleming.
Postgraduate Diploma, Performance and Voice, Royal Academy of Music, 2001
Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Music, 2000
Bachelor of Music, Royal Academy of Music, 1999
Associate of London College of Music,1994
9, GCSEs & 3 A’Levels, Croham Hurst School, South Croydon. 1991 & 1993
Present: Accompanist – Helen Crayford and Jonathan Duke
1995- Present: Vocal technician – Joy Mammen,
1995 – 2001: Coach – Geoffrey Pratley
1993-1995: Jane Highfield, Voice
1987-1993: Celia McNaughton, Voice